Sightseeing

Hippocrates Plane Tree Planted by Hippocrates, as the popular tradition says, the plane tree is about two thousand and four hundred years old. Under its shadow, the great scientist taught Medicine to his students. It is located opposite the Castle of Neratzia, near the Ancient Agora and belongs to the "Platanos of the East" type. Working hours: Open to the public
Distance from the hotel: 0,5 km
Information: +30 22420 24460 / +30 22420 28724
Archaeological Museum of Kos The two-storey building at Eleftherias Square, in one of the most central parts of Kos, where the present archaeological museum is located, is a monument of the Italian occupation (1912-1943), built in 1935. In the museum you will see a rich collection of archaeological finds including statues of the Hellenistic period, sculptures of the classical period, mosaics, reliefs of the late Archaic period and busts of Hippocrates. Working hours: 08:00 - 20:00
Distance from the hotel: 0,6km
Information: +30 22420 28326
Casa Romana Consisting of thirty-six rooms, three outdoor spaces and a marvelous sewage system, this Roman villa of the Pompeii type is one of the most interesting buildings of the island. Almost all the rooms are covered with mosaics or are richly decorated thus offering the visitor an unexpected journey of time. Working hours: 08:00 - 20:00
Distance from the hotel: 0.8 km
Information: +30 22420 23234
Neratzia Castle Part of the fortification built by the Knights Hospitaller in the late 14th century BC, the castle of Kos was named after the sunflowers and lemon trees planted at that time. It consists of two fortified enclosures, it is rectangular and it is mainly used for the control of the sea passage to the Holy Land. It is remarkable that many of its parts have been taken from the Asklepieion and the ancient city of Kos. Working hours: Closed for repairs
Distance from the hotel: 0,5km
Information: +30 2242 024776
The Roman Conservatory of Kos Built in the 2nd century AD for the purpose of organizing musical competitions, the Roman Conservatory was ultimately used as the part of the Senate. A capacity of seven hundred and fifty people is believed to have been an earlier public building. Today it hosts various cultural events during the summer months. Working hours: Open to the public
Distance from the hotel: 1,5km
Information: +30 22420 24460 / +30 22420 28724
Asklepieion In 1902, the German archaeologist Rudolf Herzog, along with the historian Iakovos Zarraftis from Kos, brought to light the most important monument of the island, the Asklepieion. Here Hippocrates was teaching, the god Asklepios was worshiped, and it was also a healing place. It dates back to the 4th century BC and it is located in the southwestern part of the city. Working hours: 08:00 - 19:00
Distance from the hotel: 3,5km
Information: +30 22420 28763
International Hippocratic Foundation of Kos With an extraordinary charitable work since 1979, the International Hippocratic Foundation of Kos, organizes annually the Amphictyonies, conferences where scientific views on medicine are exchanged. Its 380,000 square meter plot includes pine trees, cypress trees and various wildflowers, while the visitor can have a tour in the Hippocrates garden and learn about the herbs used by the great master of antiquity. Working hours: 09:00 - 19:00
Distance from the hotel: 3,5km
Information: +30 22420 22131 / www.hippocraticfoundation.org
Kos Natural Park of Zia The highest mountain of the island, known in ancient times as "Oromedon", is an ideal place for exploration: relics of a medieval settlement, water tanks, briquettes and many clay shells of different periods, placed on the asymmetrical slopes are waiting to be discovered. Very interesting thing to do is walk through the paths to the Natural Park of Zia, where you can relax in the hammocks or explore the island with binoculars that are available there to use. Working hours: 09:30 - 21:30
Distance from the hotel: 15km
Information: +30 6974029176 / www.kosnaturalpark.gr
Paleo Pyli The ruins of the medieval castle town of Paleo Pyli are dated from the 11th century AD onward and rise to the top of a hill overlooking the neighboring islands of Pserimos and Kalymnos. Due to the existence of numerous churches in the settlement, the area was also named "Mistras of the Dodecanese" during the 1980s. The Castle in Paleo Pyli, also known as the Peripatos Castle, is easily accessible, unattended and is at an altitude of 300 meters. Working hours: Open to the public
Distance from the hotel: 17km
Information: +30 22420 24460 / +30 22420 28724
Antimachia Castle The castle, built on the top of a hill, extends to the southeast of the village and was built between 1322 and 1346. It was also a prison for convicted knights. In 1494, after a destructive earthquake, it was renovated by the Knights Hospitaller. Close to it you can find the traditional windmill and the Folklore Museum of the area, where traditional furniture and old household appliances are displayed. Working hours: 08:00 - 20:00
Distance from the hotel: 25km
Information: +30 2242 024776